Disasters and emergencies can be scary, but the more prepared you are, the safer you will be and the easier it will be to act. By creating an emergency plan (for parents and for kids) and emergency kits, you will have the tools to be safe.
Remember to ask questions when working with your family. Answering questions and alleviating fears is easier now, than during an emergency.
- Tools for teachers
- Kit preparation
- Printable pages
- Variety of activities
- Emergency kit checklist
- Mobile App (story book, coloring book and activities)
- Books (focusing on a variety of individualized topics)
- Resources for providers and caregivers
- Printable resources
- Age appropriate materials for young people
- Practice what to do in an emergency
- Educational programs including: Prepare with Pedro, Pillowcase Project & Red Cross Kids' Videos